This bagels recipe has been making the rounds of the Weight Watchers community for a while now. With the introduction of the Freestyle program, fat-free Greek yogurt was newly anointed a Zero Point food. Weight Watchers everywhere got creative and the two-ingredient dough was born.
Two Ingredient Dough
- 1 cup Self Rising Flour
- 1 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare floured surface for rolling out the dough
- Prepare egg wash in small separate bowl. Break egg into bowl and whisk until completely scrambled.
- Combine self-rising flour and fat free Greek yogurt in a bowl. It will be sticky so make sure to have a little extra flour available for your hands.
- After combined, roll rough out on prepared floured surface. Knead until desired consistency making sure to have extra flour handy as the dough will be sticky.
- Divide dough into four equally sized pieces. Roll each into a log. Shape log into bagel formation and move to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with three remaining pieces.
- Brush tops of bagels with the egg wash. Top with desired toppings, e.g. Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel, Sesame Seeds, Salt, Onion, etc.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until tops are brown.
- Remove bagels from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Freestyle – 3 SP
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points – 4 SP
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.