Fall means yummy soups that warm you up. I love this (faux) Sausage & Tortellini Soup because it is so hearty and really “sticks to your ribs”. I love a hearty soup because it feels like a complete meal. A thin, watery soup can be a good first course but isn’t enough to fill you up. If you want something that makes a good lunch or dinner, this is the soup for you!
Sausage & Tortellini Soup
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp basil chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 cups spinach fresh
- 14 ounces Lightlife Gimme Lean Veggie Protein ground sausage style
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 274 grams cheese tortellini Trader Joe's
- Spray the bottom of a soup pot or Dutch oven with non-stick spray. Over medium-high heat add the onions and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and stir together and cook for another 30-60 seconds until fragrant.
- Cut up Gimme Lean sausage into small bite sized pieces.
- Add the Gimme Lean sausage to the pot and stir together. Cook until Gimme Lean is thoroughly cooked
- Add the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes, increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Once soup is boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and add the cream cheese. Whisk the cream cheese in while simmering until the cheese is dissolved.
- Add the tortellini and spinach and stir together. Cover the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.