I love pizza and am always trying to come up with new ways of making it and this Taco Pizza does not disappoint. This recipe is a lighter take on the taco pizza my friends and I used to order in college. It provides as little or as much spice as you want based on the taco sauce and/or salsa you use. You can add additional toppings of your choice if you wish, just account for anything additional in the points/nutritional calculations!
This is a great alternative to Taco Tuesdays and/or Pizza Night. It’s something your whole family will love, even the kids!
If you’re interested in additional pizza recipes, check out the recipes below:
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, fat-free
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tsp Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 4 ounces ground turkey, 99% fat-free
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup taco sauce or salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the Greek yogurt and flour to make dough. Knead dough and roll out onto prepared baking sheet to form pizza crust.
- Bake crust alone for 10-12 minutes.
- While crust is baking, cook taco meat. Spray skillet with non-stick spray and cook meat on medium heat. Once meat is cooked, drain any excess liquid. Add taco seasoning and water to skillet and stir to combine.
- Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- When pizza crust is finished baking, remove from oven.
- Assemble the pizza: spread taco sauce or salsa on the pizza crust. Top with cooked taco meat, spreading out evenly. Top with cheese and bake for an additional 12-14 minutes.
- When pizza is cooked, top with lettuce and tomatoes. Slice and serve!
- Green onions
- Black olives
- Black beans
- Fat-Free Re-fried Beans
- Sour cream (add points)
- Freestyle - 7 Points
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 9 Points