Spinach salad makes for a wonderful summertime lunch or dinner. The sweetness of juicy summer strawberries and the creaminess of goat cheese complements the meatiness of the spinach leaves. Spinach is a “super food” and is an excellent source of antioxidants. It’s one of the dark, leafy greens that provide the essential nutrients to our diet. Any time I can include them in a recipe I try to do so!
If you’re looking for an easy summer meal and don’t feel like cooking, this spinach salad comes together quickly!
Salad Dressing: I use Balsamic Vinaigrette in this recipe however Poppyseed Dressing is just as tasty in a spinach salad. There are many Poppyseed dressing options out there, both Light and Regular. Pick what suits your tastes (and adjust Points or Calories as needed).
Nuts: If you don’t care for walnuts, you can always substitute another nut better to your liking. Almonds, Pecans, or even Pine Nuts would be just as tasty.
Additional Salad Recipes:
Check out these other quick and easy salad recipes as well:
- Asian Sesame Crunch Salad: I created this Asian Sesame Crunch Salad because I wanted a salad I could throw together quickly. I also wanted an Asian Sesame flavor lots of crunch and ‘good-for-me’ vegetables such as kale and cabbage.
- Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Salad: The Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Salad is one of my most loved salads. The restaurant Seasons 52 has a salad on their menu called Maui Tuna Crunch salad that I absolutely love. This is my version of that same salad.
- Greek Goat Cheese Salad: This Greek Goat Cheese Salad is a regular weekday lunch for both me and my husband. While Greek salads typically have Feta cheese in them, I love goat cheese so much I use it instead.
- Boca Spicy Chik’n Cobb Salad: This is a vegetarian take on a classic Cobb Salad. I use Boca Spicy Chik’n patties for protein and wonton strips for crunch. It’s an easy meal to throw together quickly for lunch or dinner.
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (I use Newman's Own Light Balsamic)
- In a large salad bowl, add the spinach leaves, strawberries, and red onion.
- Top with balsamic vinaigrette and toss to coat all ingredients.
- Divide salad into two separate bowls. Top salad with 2 Tbsp of chopped walnuts and 1 ounce crumbled goat cheese each.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Freestyle - 5 Points
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 5 Points
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.