Spinach salad makes for a wonderful summertime lunch or dinner. The sweetness of juicy summer strawberries and the creaminess of goat cheese complements the meatiness of the spinach leaves. Spinach is a “super food” and is an excellent source of antioxidants. It's one of the dark, leafy greens that provide the essential nutrients to our diet. Any time I can include them in a recipe I try to do so!
If you're looking for an easy summer meal and don't feel like cooking, this spinach salad comes together quickly!
Salad Dressing: I use Balsamic Vinaigrette in this recipe however Poppyseed Dressing is just as tasty in a spinach salad. There are many Poppyseed dressing options out there, both Light and Regular. Pick what suits your tastes (and adjust Points or Calories as needed).
Nuts: If you don't care for walnuts, you can always substitute another nut better to your liking. Almonds, Pecans, or even Pine Nuts would be just as tasty.
Additional Salad Recipes:
Check out these other quick and easy salad recipes as well:
- Asian Sesame Crunch Salad: I created this Asian Sesame Crunch Salad because I wanted a salad I could throw together quickly. I also wanted an Asian Sesame flavor lots of crunch and ‘good-for-me' vegetables such as kale and cabbage.
- Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Salad: The Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Salad is one of my most loved salads. The restaurant Seasons 52 has a salad on their menu called Maui Tuna Crunch salad that I absolutely love. This is my version of that same salad.
- Greek Goat Cheese Salad: This Greek Goat Cheese Salad is a regular weekday lunch for both me and my husband. While Greek salads typically have Feta cheese in them, I love goat cheese so much I use it instead.
- Boca Spicy Chik'n Cobb Salad: This is a vegetarian take on a classic Cobb Salad. I use Boca Spicy Chik'n patties for protein and wonton strips for crunch. It's an easy meal to throw together quickly for lunch or dinner.
I love Spinach Salad because it includes good-for-you greens and many diverse flavors. It combines the sweetness of strawberries and the creaminess of goat cheese with the 'meatiness' of the spinach leaves and tangy 'bite' of the red onion. Throw in walnuts for some crunch and you have a wonderful combination of taste sensations!
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (I use Newman's Own Light Balsamic)
In a large salad bowl, add the spinach leaves, strawberries, and red onion.
Top with balsamic vinaigrette and toss to coat all ingredients.
Divide salad into two separate bowls. Top salad with 2 Tbsp of chopped walnuts and 1 ounce crumbled goat cheese each.
Serve and enjoy!
Points Information per Serving*:
- Freestyle - 5 Points
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 5 Points
*Points information as calculated through the WW recipe builder. Your results may vary.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.