Roasted Shrimp are absolutely divine. I was worried cooking them this way would dry them out. This is the best way I have found to cook shrimp that keep them juicy! This is an easy recipe to throw together quickly, bake, and have on the table within 20 minutes! It’s a good weeknight meal when time is short.
I have used both asparagus and broccoli in this recipe and both turned out great (although the broccoli doesn’t take nearly as long to roast). For the purposes of this recipe post I have included asparagus but feel free to substitute in broccoli (or any other vegetable for that matter) and adjust the cooking time accordingly, i.e. keep an eye on it while it’s in the oven!
Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus
- 24 ounces shrimp uncooked and deveined
- 1 pound asparagus uncooked
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Snap off ends of asparagus and place on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp each salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- While asparagus are cooking, toss shrimp with 1 Tbsp olive oil., lemon zest, and 1 tsp each salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Let marinate while asparagus are cooking.
- After asparagus is roasted to about 90%, add shrimp to the pan with the asparagus. Roast for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Freestyle - 2 SP
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 4 SP
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.