Ice cream sandwiches are one of my favorite desserts. Making them on your own is much more cost and WW points-effective! I use Reko Pizzelles to make mine all for the bargain price of 5 Points each!
Reko Pizzelles come in all different flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, Coconut, Hazelnut, Lemon, the list goes on and on. They are not easy to find in stores but you can find them on Amazon. I order a case of them at a time because my family all love them! You can check out the various flavors and quantity/sizes here (you don’t have to buy them by the case, you can buy them one pack at a time).
For ice cream I use Edy’s Slow-Churned Light ice cream. It is by far my favorite light ice cream out there. Use your favorite brand and/or flavor, just be sure to adjust points accordingly.
Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1/3 cup Edy's Slow-Churned Light Ice Cream
- 2 each Reko Pizzelles Reko Pizzelles are very WW-friendly and come in multiple flavors (I love the Hazelnut ones)
- Measure 1/3 cup of ice cream and place it between on one pizzelle.
- Top ice cream with second pizzelle and push down lightly to form sandwich.
- Freestyle - 5 Points
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 5 Points