Tilapia is a very versatile fish that works well in this Parmesan Encrusted Tilapia recipe. It comes together quickly and easily and makes for a low point, tasty meal. Pair it with a side of green vegetables or a salad and you have a very filling meal.
This recipe is easy to throw together for a quick mid-week meal. Tilapia is a mild fish that holds up well with the Parmesan cheese and paprika. The “crust” also provides a nice crunch and flavor. It’s sure to please both adults and kids alike!
Parmesan Encrusted Tilapia
- 3/4 cup Parmesan grated
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp parsley dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 16 ounces tilapia 4 filets, 4 ounces per filet
- 2 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together Parmesan, paprika, parsley and salt. In a second small bowl beat the egg white.
- Dip first 4 ounce filet of tilapia in egg white, then into the Parmesan mixture. Make sure filet is thoroughly covered. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with three remaining Tilapia filets.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately.
- Freestyle: 2 SP
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 3 SP
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.