I love a good crispy, fried fish but not the fat and calories from frying. This oven baked fried fish recipe offers the best of both worlds. You get the crispy “fried” texture of the breading with an oven baked cooking style. No oil used! I love this recipe and often pair it with Oven Baked Onion Rings (another favorite in my household).
I also recommend cooking this fish in either a convection oven or using an air fryer. I used my Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer and the fish came out flaky with a crisp crust. I cannot recommend the Cuisinart enough, I absolutely love it!
Overall this is a quick and easy recipe to make. The “breading” doesn’t take that long at all. I throw this together for a quick dinner during the week and the family loves it!
Oven Baked Fish
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 10 ounces haddock filets uncooked
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine pepper and flour in a bowl
- Combine egg and water in a separate bowl
- Combine corn flakes, cheese, and red pepper in another bowl
- Dredge fish in flour mixture, then egg mix, then corn flakes.
- Place fish on prepared cooking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.
Want to remember this recipe? Post it to your favorite Pinterest board!