This frittata recipe includes includes eggs or mozzarella and basil; however, frittatas are very versatile, you can add pretty much whatever you want to them and they will turn out great.
I use mushrooms in this recipe but you can add your vegetables of choice. You can also use any kind of cheese you want as well. Frittatas are a quick and easy hearty meal for any time of day. For lunch or dinner, I typically add a salad on the side.
This recipes serves 4 (or 2 if you’re really hungry) and any leftovers heat up nicely in the microwave. A frittata is a go-to recipe because it’s easy and pleases the entire family.
Mozzarella, Basil, and Sun Dried Tomato Frittata
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes not packed in oil
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to broil
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper and set aside
- Spray oven-safe skillet with non-stick spray. Saute mushrooms and onions on medium-high heat until tender and fragrant
- Add eggs to pan. As the eggs begin to cook. push from sides of pan to center to let all egg cook. Cook until almost set.
- Add mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes and put under broiler for 1-2 minutes or until top begins to lightly brown.
- Remove pan from oven and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil. Cut into four even pieces. Run spatula around edges to release frittata from the pan. Serve immediately.