I love this Marinated Seared Ahi. The spicy mayo gives it some kick, while the sesame ginger provides a unique flavor combination. It’s a very easy and quick salad to put together for either lunch or dinner. It is a favorite in my house and regular shows up in the weekly menu.
Marinated Seared Ahi Over Greens with Spicy Mayo and Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Hellmann's Mayo, Low Fat
- 1-1/2 tsp sriracha or to taste
- 10 ounces yellowfin tuna
- 4 cups lettuce
- 1/4 cup Sesame Ginger dressing I use Annie's Asian Sesame dressing
- To make the marinade, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Towel dry tuna steaks and place in a glass or ceramic dish. Pour marinade over the fish, turning to coat well throughout. Cover tightly and chill from an hour to overnight; turn fish over at least once in the middle of marinade time.
- Spray grill pan or electric grill with non-stick spray. Heat on high. Sear tuna on pan/grill for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Transfer seared tuna to a plate or cutting board to rest for several minutes.
- While tuna is resting, prepare the greens. Put lettuce in big bowl and toss with dressing. Divide evenly between two plates.
- Combine mayonnaise and sriracha to make Spicy Mayo. Set aside.
- Slice tuna on the diagonal. Place on top of two plates of prepared greens. Drizzle Spicy Mayo across both plates and serve.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.