This Garlicky Margherita Pizza is my latest favorite pizza to make using the WW-friendly Two Ingredient Dough.
I love pizza and would eat it every night of the week if I could (and sometimes do). I like to mix it up and make all different types of pizza, all using the base of the Two Ingredient Dough pizza crust. This dough is so versatile and can be used for so many different things. One favorite – completely unrelated to pizza – is as the base for Cinnamon Rolls which I also make multiple times per week. Suffice it to say, I can make this dough in my sleep!
In addition, I love garlic and am always trying to find ways to incorporate it into my meals. This garlicky Margherita Pizza became a fast favorite in my family. We paired it with a Petite Syrah and it was ah-maz-ing. If you like wine, I highly recommend that combo. The garlic really brings out the flavors in the wine, but I digress.
This pizza is very easy to put together. And while you can put anything you like on your pizzas, this Garlicky Margherita Pizza combines garlic, roma tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil beautifully.
Helpful Tip: When making this pizza dough, I strongly recommend having a scraper handy. This dough gets very sticky and using a scraper helps preserve all of the dough. I’ve gotten it stuck many times and have been saved by this scraper many a time! I use this scraper that I found on Amazon.
Garlicky Margherita Pizza
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce no salt added
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil dried
- 1/4 cup fresh basil diced
- 2 medium roma tomatoes
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine flour and Greek yogurt in a bowl. Dough will be sticky but can be combine easily using a fork.
- Once combined, turn out onto a floured cutting board. Knead dough until thoroughly combined. Roll out into pizza shape using floured rolling pin. Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake crust for approximately ten minutes until begins to lightly brown.
- While crust is baking, combine tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, and basil in a small bowl.
- When crust is finished baking, top with prepared tomato sauce. Sprinkle half of the fresh basil on top of the sauce. Next place thinly sliced tomatoes evenly on the crust. Place fresh mozzarella, in thinly sliced pieces, on top of tomatoes. Sprinkle remaining fresh basil on top of the cheese.
- Bake for an additional 12 minutes, or until crust browns and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for several minutes before slicing and serving.
- Freestyle: 10 SP
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 11 SP
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.