Easy Veggie Fajitas
Veggie Fajitas are one of my most favorite meals! They are so quick and easy to throw together, plus they are low in points. The recipe below is for Veggie Fajitas, but you can easily add in any protein you like if you want something more substantial.
The most time-consuming part of this recipe is chopping the vegetables. If time is of the essence, pick up the pre-chopped fajita veggies in the produce section of your grocery store. They may cost a little more but are a big time-saver!
Easy Veggie Fajitas
Servings 2 servings
- 6 pieces Flour Tortillas (I use Trader Joe's Reduced Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas; if you want to use another tortilla brand, just adjust points accordingly)
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper
- 1 medium Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 Tbsp Fajita Seasoning (Recipe for homemade in Notes below)
- 3 medium Portobello Mushroom Caps, stems removed
- Chop peppers, onions, and mushrooms into thin strips.
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add peppers, onions, and mushrooms to pan. Cook for several minutes.
- Add fajita spices to pan and stir to thoroughly mix vegetables and spices. Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are at desired tenderness.
- Remove vegetables from pan. Spoon even amounts into the 6 tortillas. Top with desired toppings, adjusting points accordingly (See Point Values for Add Ons in Recipe Notes below)
Homemade Fajita Seasoning:
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (depending on desired heat level)
- Freestyle: 3 SP (before toppings)
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 5 SP (before toppings)
- Sour Cream - I use Daisy Light Sour Cream - 2 Tbsp = 2 SP
- Shredded Cheese - I use Kraft Fat Free Cheddar Cheese - 3/4 cup = 1 SP
- Fresh Pico de Gallo - if no oil in ingredients = 0 SP
- Guacamole - I use homemade guacamole - 2 Tbsp = 1 SP
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 971mg | Fiber: 28g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 5620IU | Vitamin C: 203.9mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.9mg
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.
Want to remember this recipe? Post it to your favorite Pinterest board!