I love a cheesy vegetarian lasagna and this recipe delivers. I use Boca Crumbles in this recipe but if you don’t want it to be vegetarian, you can use an alternative like ground turkey, ground beef, or another meat of your choice.
This cheesy vegetarian lasagna part of the regular rotation in my house. It’s a great dinner and provides enough leftovers for lunches or dinners later in the week!
Cheesy Vegetarian Lasagna
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 12 ounces Boca Veggie Crumbles (whole bag)
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 2 cups Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 cup Lowfat (1%) Cottage Cheese
- 18 ounces Lite Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I use Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 28 ounces Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 9 pieces Barilla Oven ready Lasagna Pasta
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. In a large skillet, sprayed with Pam, add garlic and onions until fragrant. Add Boca crumbles, red peppers, and mushrooms until cooked through; season with salt and pepper as desired,
- In a bowl combine cottage cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour one cup of sauce on the bottom of the dish; spread evenly. Place 3 sheets of lasagna side by side (sheets will expand while baking to the ends of the dish).
- Pour 1 cup of sauce and 1/2 of the cheese mixture on the first layer. Top with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1/2 of the cooked meat/mushroom/peppers mix. Repeat for 1 more layer.
- For the final layer, top with 3 lasagne sheets, add remaining sauce and top with remaining mozzarella.
- Cover with foil; bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 5 minutes to brown the cheese. Let rest 15 minutes before cutting.
- Freestyle - 6 SP
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 6 SP
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.