Cheesy quesadillas are a very quick and easy lunch or dinner. They are very versatile in that you can add as little or as many “add ins” as you like. I make mine with cheese, onions, green chilies, and pico de gallo. I serve it with light sour cream and salsa on the side. You can easily add in things like:
- Red/green/yellow/orange bell peppers
- Jalapeno peppers (or hotter peppers if you like)
You can also serve it with guacamole as well, however that will add additional points. I like recipes that I can make over and over and by mixing up what I throw in, makes it a different dish every time. Ease of preparation is important to me, but so is variety. If you like cheesy goodness, this quesadilla recipe is for you!
Easy Cheesy Quesadilla
- 4 each Trader Joe's Reduced Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas or other low carb/low calorie tortilla of choice
- 1/2 cup Kraft Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Kraft Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Onions
- 2 tbsp green chilies I use canned
- 2 tbsp pico de gallo
- 2 tbsp Daisy light sour cream
- 2 tbsp salsa
- Mix cheeses in small bowl and set aside.
- Chop onions finely and set aside.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray. Place one tortilla in the bottom of the pan and top with 1/2 the cheese, 1/2 the onions, 1/2 the green chilies, and 1/2 the pico de gallo. Place second tortilla on top of that and press down gently. Place pan over medium heat.
- Allow tortillas to heat up and cheese to melt. When cheese begins to melt, carefully flip tortillas over to brown the other side. Once cheese is sufficiently melted and tortillas are browned, remove quesadilla from heat.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Once both quesadillas are complete, slice into quarters totaling 8 quarters in total. Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.
- Freestyle: 6 SP (before toppings) + 2 SP for Sour Cream
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 6 SP (before toppings) + 2 SP for Sour Cream
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.