I am a big fan of a good California Roll and what better way to enjoy them but in a bowl? Don’t worry, if you’re wary of sushi, nothing but the cucumbers is raw! If you’re having a craving for California Rolls, this is a quick and easy meal to throw together.
The ingredient list is short: rice, shrimp, cucumbers, and avocados plus a few sauces:
And from here you basically cook (rice), chop (cucumbers, avocado, shrimp), layer (all), top (soy sauce, spicy mayo).
I find this an easy meal to throw together on a random evening, as well as pack for lunch the next day (packing all ingredients individually and then assembling when I’m ready to eat). You can make it as mild or as spicy as you want by varying the amount of Sriracha you use. If you want to add a little more heat, add a little Wasabi (adjust Points accordingly)!
One last helpful hint, you can adjust quantities of individual ingredients, i.e. rice or avocado, to match your available Points. If you have more points to use, add more of either ingredient. If you have fewer points to use, decrease the mount of each. I love this dish because it’s so flexible and yet so good!
California Roll Bowl
- 4 ounces rice cooked
- 3-1/2 ounces shrimp cooked
- 1-1/2 ounces avocado
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Hellmann's low fat mayonaisse
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, stir 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar into rice. Place in bottom of bowl
- Chop shrimp into small pieces. Add to bowl.
- Chop cucumber and add to bowl on top of shrimp.
- Slice avocado and place in bowl.
- Top all with one Tbsp low sodium Soy Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and Sriracha to make spicy mayo. Drizzle on top of contents in bowl. Enjoy!
- Freestyle - 7 SP per serving
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 8 SP per serving
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.