Buffalo Tofu Bites
These Buffalo Tofu Bites taste just like wings, minus the grease! They are easy to throw together and pack some serious heat. You can marinate the tofu for as little as 15 minutes, or overnight if you prefer. Either way they are a tasty snack or meal!
If you don’t like or want to use tofu, you can easily substitute diced chicken breast or raw de-veined and de-shelled shrimp. Simply substitute like amounts and follow the same instructions. You might want to adjust cooking times for chicken or shrimp to ensure they are cooked thoroughly.
Serve this with your favorite Buffalo wings dressing, sauce, or dip. Throw in some celery on the side to make it a true Buffalo wings experience!
Buffalo Tofu Bites
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu pressed
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce
OPTIONAL SUBSTITUTE: Chicken breast
- 12 ounces chicken breast diced into bite sized pieces
OPTIONAL SUBSTITUTE: Shrimp
- 12 ounces shrimp, raw, de-veined and de-shelled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add 2 T wings sauce, vegetable broth, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut pressed tofu into cubes, about 1 inch square and put in large ziploc bag. Add marinate to the bag and let sit for 15 - 30 minutes at a minimum.
- Once marinating is complete, remove tofu from bag and place in a bowl. Discard marinate.
- Toss tofu with cornstarch and turn out onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tofu begins to turn golden brown. Remove tofu from oven.
- Place cooked tofu in a clean bowl and pour remaining 1/2 cup of wings sauce over it. Toss until all tofu is covered thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with sauce, dressing, or dip of your choice (adjust Points accordingly)
- For both chicken and shrimp, adjust cooking times accordingly until either are cooked thoroughly. Simply substitute chicken or shrimp for tofu and proceed with the same preparation steps.
- Ranch dressing
- Blue Cheese dressing
- Freestyle - 1 SP
- Beyond the Scale/Smart Points - 5 SP
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS RECIPE? POST IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!