When I think of comfort food, Baked Ziti is at the top of the list. I love the cheesy ooey gooey goodness of baked ziti. It’s easy to throw together and perfect for leftovers!
The ingredients include the following items:
Chop (onion), slice (red peppers), dice (garlic), sauté (garlic, onions, peppers, mushrooms, Boca crumbles), and cook (pasta).
Combine together with cheeses and crushed tomatoes. Pour into pre-greased casserole dish and top with remaining mozzarella.
Thirty minutes in the oven and you have your cheesy, ooey, gooey, deliciousness!
If you’re not a fan of the Boca Veggie Crumbles, you can substitute ground turkey or ground beef in place of the Crumbles.
- 10 ounces ziti uncooked
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Tbsp basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups mushrooms canned or fresh
- 8 ounces lowfat cottage cheese (1%)
- 12 ounces Boca veggie crumbles or ground turkey/beef per your preference
- 16 ounces roasted red peppers packed in water
- 1 cup onion chopped, raw
- 12 ounces light Mozzerella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with oil spray.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to instructions until al dente Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile spray a medium saucepan with nonstick spray and sauté garlic. Add crumbles, mushrooms, onions, red peppers, salt, pepper and crushed tomatoes. Season with basil, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Add sauce to the pasta and combine. Add half of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and cottage cheese. Mix well then transfer to the baking pan.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining mozzarella and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned. Let it cool 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Collections which include a wide variety of recipes free for you to download. You can find all of the Recipe Collections here.